@ the CMS Library!

Find out what’s happening at YOUR library!

Let’s Agree

Rules September 2, 2007

Hey, I borowed this from Beck Midle School in Greenville, but I like it. I want you to agree with it!

13 Things to Remember About Using the Library Media Cente @ CMS:

1. Follow the 4 Non-Negotiables: Dress Code, Planner, ID Badge, 3 R’s (Rights, Respect, Responsibility)
    (My notes–we don’t use planners or ID badges, so we’ll have to figure out some kind of substitute. But the Dress Code and 3 Rights are awesome!)
  2. Library Media Center hours are 7:30-3:30, Monday-Friday. Students must have a pass written in their planner to visit the library at any time during the day for any reason. (CMS may have to settle for just a pass system.)
  3. Students should enter the library quietly and use a whisper voice while in the library: RESPECT for the RIGHTS of others to have a quiet place to work.
  4. Students should leave their area in the library as they found it or better (push in chairs, pick-up trash, leave books in neat piles on tables, etc.) : RESPONSIBILITY for keeping their environment clean and attractive.
  5. Food, drinks, gum and candy are strictly prohibited in the library : RESPONSIBLITY  for maintaining equipment and furnishings. (Though I am considering a special area that will welcome food and drinks…still in the planning process and TBA.)
  6. Students must have their current year ID badge in order to check out books. (Oh well, we don’t have ab aID system at our school, so this one may have to go.)
  7. Students may check out as many books as they like from the library, but must remember that they are responsible for anything they check out : RESPONSIBILITY for keeping up with school property.
  8. Books may be checked out for 2 weeks at a time (except reference books, which are 1 night) but books can be renewed for an additional 2 weeks as long as no one else has requested the book : RIGHTS  of others who may want to use the same book.
  9. Due dates are stamped in the front cover of library books : RESPONSIBILITY for keeping up with due dates.
  10. Overdue books are assessed fines of $0.05 per day, per book (reference books are assessed $0.50 per day). The ceiling for overdue fines is $5.00 per book.
  11. Students may not check out additional books, unless assigned by a teacher (novel sets, etc.), if they have overdue books or overdue fines : RIGHTS of students to have necessary materials to complete their assignments.
  12. Students are responsible for paying for lost or damaged books. Overdue fines, lost books and charges for damaged books will remain on students’ library records as they move from school to school until they graduate : RESPONSIBILITY for taking care of debts.
  13. Students should use the computers in the library in a RESPONSIBLE manner by following the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) found in their student planner. Students may use the library computers in the morning before school (7:30-8:15) and after school (3:00-3:30) to check school email, play games and view appropriate sites under the direct supervision of the library staff. Computers are for instructional use only during the school day (8:15-3:00) : RESPONSIBILITY for your education. (This one will have to be negotiated too.)

8 Comments to “Let’s Agree”

1.   dakota m | October 16th, 2007 at 9:17 am     

why should you charg that much when you could just block those websites but if they get by them then you should fine theam

2.   Alesia M. | October 16th, 2007 at 9:30 am     

It’s not fair how she has to pay every month , now she can not pay for her bills and food for kids.

3.   brandon P. | October 16th, 2007 at 9:30 am     

I do not think that it is fair that she has to pay 222,000 it was an expensive mistake.

4.   Garrett.F | October 16th, 2007 at 9:32 am     

it is not fair because if it is on there for free why is it illegal

5.   Meghan B | October 16th, 2007 at 9:35 am     

they should not have it on line if they dont wont charge you for it then

6.   Kylie | November 28th, 2007 at 7:06 pm     

Mrs. Nelson—lol. you have gotten on fox news for mispelling but it looks like you were tired too!!! here are your mistakes:
    Borowed–borrowed
    Midle–Middle
    Cente–Center!!! lol i am not bein mean but i found it kinda Funny that you were so busy pickin on sum1 else you didnt even notice your own mistakes!!
    I love you mrs. nelson

7.   technotuesday | November 28th, 2007 at 7:16 pm     

I did see it cuz how many times with different classes did I look t it and read it…I wondered how long b4 someone would call me down on it. I am NOT a typist. LOL

Just goes to show why proofreading is so very important.

Oh, BTW, Kylie, you put this comment under the wrong post, but who’s picking on who–i think my bad is worse than yours!

8.   technotuesday | November 28th, 2007 at 7:38 pm     

Horrors—Kylie–no u diidn’t!! Double “my bad!”

Mrs. N.