@ the CMS Library!

Find out what’s happening at YOUR library!

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/cyAZr0QDbRI" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

[kml_flashembed movie="http://www.youtube.com/v/VE4NpGim4Vo" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" /]

What do you think CMS?

40 Comments to “More on the Illegal Downloading Case”

1.   Chandler C. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:11 am     

I think that this punishment is NOT fair because everybody downloads music off the computer,and everybody does not get caught for it. So if she does it and gets caught then EVERYBODY else who downloads should get the same punishment!!!!!
    ~CHANDLER C.~

2.   Jessica H. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:12 am     

I understand that what she done was wrong but if she want to get in trouble for it let her because she did. But soooooooooo many people does it the laws should just let people do it if thay give back to it. But i think if people watch the vedio they might stop but very few will. I think even though it is wrong the law she not just do it to her they should go one the W.E.B and delete all of it so pepole think they can get a way with it. Many kids don’t think it is wrong but it is so i have two opinons on it.

3.   austen l. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:13 am     

i think that the punshied was not fair because if you download 24 songs does not useally cost that much but i also think that some of the downloading is from their kids. i still think that it is not fair.

4.   Abby G | October 18th, 2007 at 8:13 am     

Its not right she is the onley person that gets caught and all theese peaple are doing it, so she has to pay ALOT OF MONEY. itsnot far.

5.   parrish.d | October 18th, 2007 at 8:14 am     

i think she should have payed the first fine and ended the crime sene if she would have kept aargueing with the cort she would had to pay more

6.   Savannah G | October 18th, 2007 at 8:17 am     

i think it is far but then again i think it isnt far.but manly i thinnk tht it isnt far because i know many people that download n dont get in trouble for it so manly i think tht it isnt far!I mean i could understand if she was downloading bad stuff but just plain music th aint right.but she did brake a law n u cant do anything about.But in a way they were just picking on one person.EVERYBODY download n if she got caught for only 25 song that is just wierd n wrong.But the law is the law you brake a law u get in troble for it aint nothing u can do about

7.   Madison C. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:20 am     

i think it is not fare because people do that all the time and they never get caught doing it.but taking music off of websites that you are not soposed to tak ethem off of yea it is bad but it is reallly not far to.people do it all the time so i think it is not fare.they should not charg her that much.who cares about that

8.   Jenna S. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:20 am     

i didn’t know that downloading music was illegal until i saw that vidio. i never downloaded any because i never had sense enouph to know how. i did try to download a vidio off of You Tube but i had to be a user. But when i tryed to make an ID it said i had wrong information. i want to know if that is illegal too. But e-mail me @ [email protected] and we’ll talk.
    c ya!

9.   Breanna G | October 18th, 2007 at 8:21 am     

I think it is wrong to be taking music off a website and be giving it to other people. Before they start bussting people they need to let people know what they are doing first so they get a warning. People need to stop doing it so they don’t git in a lot of troble.

10.   Rakhym G. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:25 am     

I think that it is not fair because that is a lot of money she has to pay. She is a single mom with children and she needs to take care of her kids, but I also think it is fair in a way because she should not have tried to go against the courts first fine. She would not be in as much trouble as she is a this moment. You should know that you can’t defeat the law.

11.   alea b | October 18th, 2007 at 8:26 am     

i thoght it was not fair

12.   kayla d | October 18th, 2007 at 8:35 am     

i think that she desevre what she got. she had the chances to pay the fine the first time. so she had to go to the fedral court and she had to pay a bigger fine. every time she goes to work they have to take 1/4 of her pay check. she downloaded 24 songs and have to pay. but some people think different. i think she was also taking up for her childern. i never saw a woman as her age downloading music. but as i said i think she is taking up for her children. just because of that she has to pay a fine.i think you should give her another chance. but she should have paid the first fine the first time and she wouldn’t have to worry about paying this much money. and she said that she didn’t do it but she lie and tried to erase it and got caught. so she is guilty.

13.   Karla S. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:35 am     

I think that the punshiment was fair because if you download 24 songs that are illegal and then say your not going to pay then you should have to pay more. But I also think that some of it was her 2 kids because theres not a kid I don’t know that doesn’t like to download muisc. Also I think that its not fair in some ways because she needs to buy food and cloths for her kids and she needs to pay her bills and shes a single mom so she she has to pay everything. But I don’t think she should get the money from the people who give her the money because she could spend it on something else other than the find like stuff she wants and mabey sometime the kids. I wonder how the kids feel about this. I wonder if they had any thing to do with this and if they did they would confese to the crime so their mom whoulda’nt look so bad because she wasn’t the only one downloading music. Also I think that the court was kind of fair not making her pay the court find eith the other find because she lost. But I also think that she would do something like that again. I say that she should have got charged least like $300 so she would have alot of money for her kids and bills.f

14.   alexis k. | October 18th, 2007 at 8:39 am     

i think that it’s not fair. The lady has to pay alot of money and i think she needs all the money because she’s a single mom and she needs to feed both her children.i under stand why she’s upset, because my mom is a single parent and she has to of us to feed and one of the reason’s why i think that it’s un fair is because that’s like all her money and she might not be able to feed her children.i would love to have that much money and my mom would to if my mom got all that money token away from us she would probley have no money for us. she is a great mom and she really neds money she has to children and they need food care and money buys alot of things that help her children be happy and every mother wants her children to be happy and have toys and gifs and they will die with no food so there has to be food for them i mean they will have food but not much and that means that she would be workiing just for a little bit of money so im just saying that she really needs to not be chaged i bet you get my point. so please give her a break and don’t charge her for anything i bet you that she will not do it agian and if she does then, you should for sure charge her but for right now just give her another chance she really.that is an great idea. so please do what i said i think that this would help you and her in a way.please take my idea and help jher i will be happy you will be happy and most important she will be happy thanks for reading this bye!!!!!!
    p.s, thanks agian!!!!!!!

15.   Jasmine M. | October 18th, 2007 at 9:45 am     

I think that its not fair because she has 2 kids. Shr has to pay the bills buy food etc.

16.   colten r | October 18th, 2007 at 9:46 am     

i think this was not fare because people do ths all the time and the government does not get them. i think they just scoll down the line a pick a person. the only reason the government does that to is so to make the famous people more richer.

17.   stephen | October 18th, 2007 at 9:47 am     

I think you are right she is gulit and they were right to fin her 222,000.

18.   Caite H. | October 18th, 2007 at 9:50 am     

I think it is fair because maybe her she was not doing it or maybe she was no the only one doing it.But then again she does have to feed her kids and give them what they need like clothes and stuff like that.But I would not give her money because she may not use it for that cause.

Caite [Caitlyn] H.

19.   MAddelINE coOK | October 18th, 2007 at 9:54 am     

i thought that this program wuz preety good 2 teach a school so they could stop doing it or delete it off there page or i pod or an computer.also i think that she did it & her kids but i d still give her some money cause she might be tryin to re-make her self ,what i mean by that is to strat a new life an try to be better & respect others an computers but it isnt fair & then again i think its ok because i do it my self & u should be able 2 download songs

20.   jasmaine s. | October 18th, 2007 at 9:55 am     

i thnk that she she be fined more than she already is because, she dont have the right to lie on t.v. what kind of mess is that. she should have not lied and said that didnt do that. and should have said she did it and got a lower price but thats her she can do what ever she want. i think that the website that she have is not called for and no one should pay her a penny. why would you beg people to give you money and help you out. no thats not going to work for me. and that pay check thing thats good but i dont agree weith it that much because what is she going to do to support her family, if her childrens daddy is not in jail,dead, or doing anything he have any business. she should let them stay with him until she get everything staighted out. because you or me should not want her to get her children taken away. and thats all i have to say.
    thank you letting me say what i have to say.
    jasmaine s.

21.   myeshia | October 18th, 2007 at 9:55 am     

I think it was wrong for them to give that woman that much money to pay that was on it so it should have been free. The need to take that business off of the comuputer because that is not right to put leage things on the comuputer that they know people is going to get on they just trying to get money out of people so the need to stop that program.

22.   dewane | October 18th, 2007 at 9:56 am     

I THINK SHE SHOULD NOT BE FINED BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE USES IT AND IT DO NOT MAKE NO SENSE TO JUST FINE ONE PERSON WHEN A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE BE ONE IT AND THEY NEED TO GET THE PERSON THAT MADE IT UP OR JUST TAKE IT OFF OF THE ENTERNET FOR AS LONG AS IT IS ON THERE AND SHE IS A SINGLE MOTHER SO IF THEY TAKE 1FOURTH OUT OFHER PAY CHECK HOW IS SHE SUSPOSE TO SUPPLY FOR HER CHILDERN
    FROMDEWANE

23.   Wesley B. | October 18th, 2007 at 9:57 am     

That she got what she needed because that on the screen where you downloaded it says that there not going to responliped for what she does on there .And when they gave her a note she keep up downloadeding so they come to her house and checked her comperture and she keep doing it so they brung her to the court and she had a choice to get a little fine but she said no and went to a feadral court and they charged her with a bigger fine for 24 cds 9,000 dollars a pice this is what i think she got what she needed
    from wesley

24.   Brady. c | October 18th, 2007 at 11:36 am     

I do agree to the jude fine.

25.   Joshua B. | October 18th, 2007 at 11:39 am     

i think she shouldn’t have got a fine for that a lot of poelpe do it and she is cool because she’s sanding up for the right of music and i think i would do the same

26.   michael E | October 18th, 2007 at 11:40 am     

I think she needs the money becaues if she had money she would not be a thief.

27.   Kimberly .M | October 18th, 2007 at 11:44 am     

I thank that is so rong that thay are charing her all that money becouse she is a single mother with 2 kids and pluse that wos so i reqally dont know but i thank that se need to go to jell though.

28.   C.j. L | October 18th, 2007 at 11:47 am     

I don’t think she needs the money from that web site. I may be in the sixth grade, but I think she should work hard for that money by herself. I think a theif should pay back all the money by herself and not ask for other peoples money. She is going to pay back that money hopfully no one is stupid enough to give this lady there money. So please hear me out and don’t give this lady your money, so don’t listen.

29.   savannah c. | October 18th, 2007 at 11:48 am     

i think it IS fair she knew what she was doing and she chose to not delate asap so she she should pay the fine without help and untill she pays it and if she can not support her children i think she should find somone to keep them till she pays every LAST CENT it is her falt and she did not bind her self out she had a chance to save herself and kids but she did NOT!!!!!!!!!!! she had a choise she had choises. she knows what she was getting in to and she did NOT care she had time she chose to do what she did and now,NOW is when she wants help i wish and hope NO ONE helps her she needs to get a higher paying job and work more hours she needs to help herself others please really she did wrong she dont have time 2 pay the fine she should have not done the crime ! : {

30.   Ashlyn H. | October 18th, 2007 at 12:39 pm     

I think the judge is right because it is illegal. I would NEVER give her any money because she lied to the camera and that makes me mad & she said that she won the first case and she didn’t!!!
    ttyl, c ya!

31.   Laura Coker E. | October 18th, 2007 at 12:46 pm     

I absolutley think that this case is a bad thing because people can be traced back by their computer IP address. These websites that allow people to download songs for free should have lawful consequences for their attempts to sell songs for free.

~Laura Coker E~

32.   Mahaley W. | October 18th, 2007 at 12:49 pm     

I don’t feel sorry for Jamie Thomas because she knew what she was doing. I feel sorry for her kids.Jamie Thomas had 30 days to erase all of her downloaded music, but she didn’t erase it all. That’s why she’s guilty. Please don’t send this woman any money because she is a CONVICTED FELON!!! She deserves to pay all of this money. I understand why she is upset, but COME ON!!!! You get what you deserve. She shouldn’t be asking people to go to that website to donate money to her. Would you want to give a theif money??
    I don’t think so.

33.   Nicole.P | October 18th, 2007 at 12:49 pm     

I’m glad she has to pay because shes stupid enough to do it and she deserves her punishment. the only people I feel sorry for are
    her childern.

34.   sara | October 18th, 2007 at 12:50 pm     

Hi, I have to say that I don’t feel bad for the person that did this. I think that she should have cared more about what would happen to her when she downloaded the music.I would ask that you do NOT go to this womans website and that you do NOT give her money, because I fell that she knew what she was doing and that she was CRAZY to do what she did. I believe that she deservse she gets! All I want to say is that you do the right thing and think about what you are doind before you do it.I know that I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35.   matt | November 9th, 2007 at 9:27 am     

i think it was fair but its interesting how she refused to accept the small fine and got mad about large one the band radiohead actually gave out= their whole cd on the web for free

36.   TYLER | November 9th, 2007 at 1:58 pm     

ha thats what that lady gets downloading music 4 free.
    she should learn that if you know you will get caught.
    dont do it thats what my dad says she stole from famous
    people and thats not (COOL)

37.   Amina | November 9th, 2007 at 2:01 pm     

I think that you’re situation is serious and I wish i can help you but I’m broke and you have convince me to tell people I know who download for free to stop so they won’t get in trouble like you.But if I were you I would have broke my computer and buy me a new I pod and give the old one away.

38.   cj | November 9th, 2007 at 3:13 pm     

i think that this punishment was very necessary. i would like to donate some fake money

39.   Tommy | November 9th, 2007 at 3:17 pm     

this lady is crazy bcuz she lied to the public and the government while they found her songs on the computer in the recycle bin

40.   Aiyana F. | November 14th, 2007 at 8:14 am     

At least she didn’t get sued for the 1,700 songs, but only the 24 songs. At least she doesn’t have to pay 3.6 million but two hundred thousand. My mom is the same thing as her single parent, (age is the same),two kids. my mom knows how it is being a single parent. Also, i would of told the judge that i did it i would not do it again.