@ the CMS Library!

Find out what’s happening at YOUR library!

I caught this in my RSS reader today. Recently in classes we discussed how RSS feeds were initially used only by the news wires–enabling newspapers and other news media to jump on and use stories for papers, magazines, and television productions. Can anyone out there see a mistake in the head line?? Is it important? Does it change the meaning of the story? Should the one responsible be punished, reprimanded, or perhaps even lose a job over such an error? Click on the image to see the actual story, which is clean and error free.

foxnews_spelling.jpg

6 Comments to “Dear Fox News-you are failing spelling”

1.   Unknown | November 9th, 2007 at 9:24 am     

How old are these people? 5 years old? That’s what it looks like! They need to get a dictionary or something!!
    This is sad that they can’t even spell volcano.

2.   Olivia B. | November 9th, 2007 at 9:25 am     

I can’t believe that an editor can’t even spell “volcano” or “poised”!
    volcano is really easy to spell !! I’ll bet $2000 that my 6 year old brother could spell volcano!!!!!!!!!!!!Fox News Online is soooooooooo stupid!!!

3.   Skylar B. | November 9th, 2007 at 9:26 am     

I just can’t believe that Fox news online, a media that is read by thousands across the nation, would spell “volCano” and “Poised” wrong right in the title! They are a whole bunch of adults that can’t even spell right. I mean , my Goodness, you can go buy a dictionary from wal-mart for less that $10. How old are they, FOUR!!!!! Go back to kindergarden, losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U NEED IT

4.   Haley S. | November 9th, 2007 at 10:29 am     

We the people should not give that woman nothing because she first said she did not do it so that means she lied and she needs to go to jail.

5.   Leslie | November 9th, 2007 at 10:29 am     

I think Jamie is really CRAZY for saying she wasnt guilty but I personally will not donate a penny.

6.   Ryley | November 12th, 2007 at 2:03 pm     

I think they should’nt let some one get money when they don’t even know how to spell a simple word like volcano. I think it is just really sad. You should go back to like preschool and learn your abc’s again. When you don’t even know how to spell volcano you know that that person who wrote it failed a couple of grades.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. » So what if i don’t spell check–neither does Fox News Cathy Nelson’s Professional Thoughts